Mold is more dangerous then most people think. Black mold is one of the most dangerous forms of mold. If you think that you have mold then you must do something about it now. This article will describe the dangers of mold, some of the most common symptoms, and describe black mold poisoning. Mold is a serious matter. You need to keep reading, it may just save your life.
But inside our homes these mycotoxins can lead to severe health problems. Children, the aged and those with compromised immune systems are at greatest risk. If you observe mold in your home black mold removal services is needed.
Ordinary vacuums capture large particles only — small mold spores pass through the vacuum into the air. HEPA vacuums have special filters that capture small particles. A central vacuum cleaner which is exhausted to the outside also removes mold spores. A regular portable vacuum is useful only if its exhaust goes outside the home. Vacuuming removes settled dust that contains an accumulation of mold spores over time. Reducing the settled dust reduces molds.
Mold produces mycotoxins as it grows and feeds. It does this to keep black mould removal other organisms out of its food supply. These mycotoxins seldom cause problems outdoors.
Air quality testing of your home may be necessary because the mold spores may be airborne. There are inexpensive testing kits for black mold that you can purchase yourself. A simple test will tell you within a few days if the area is infested. If it is, consider having the water-damaged and moldy material removed by mold abatement specialists.
Some people insist that bleach is the best thing to use on mold. This is in part because bleach is cheap and easy to find and use. Heck, pretty much all you have to do is pour it on the mold and leave it alone for a while and you should be good to go. For the most part, all you will need to do is pour and walk away, but there will be times you’ll need to scrub. There are drawbacks with using bleach to remove mold, though. Bleach is really hard on the environment. Bleach is very harmful to the skin and needs to be carefully and completely washed off if you get any on you. And it must be kept away from kids and pets. So if you choose to use bleach to remove mold use ceiling mould removal extreme caution.
For an affordable mold remover, check out Zep Inc’s Mold/Mildew Stain Remover. This product retails for around five dollars a bottle. The company bills this product as a scrub free remover. There were not many reviews to be found regarding this product. There was only one on Amazon.com at the time of this writing. Before making any decisions regarding this product, we would recommend waiting until there are more reviews. While there is nothing wrong with trying something new, sometimes it is better to wait until a product is better established.
Finish Cleaning – Once you’ve completed this process take all the sponges, plastic sheeting, duct tape and anything else that was exposed to the mold and carefully place it into a heavy duty plastic garbage bag. To prevent any spores from spreading make sure to try to fold the plastic with the side that was facing the infected room going inside trapping all the spores. Place the sponge and other items in the middle if possible. Once everything is in the garbage bag seal it tightly and bring it out of the home through the most direct way possible. Remember, the clothes you were wearing will have spores on them so change your clothes and shower before going through the home. Wash your clothes in hot water with a strong detergent.